The beard comes in many forms: 5 o’clock shadow, the rugged stubble, the light yet luscious, all the way up to a full blown face forest. But there are some that have called it a “trend” or a “facial fad” so here are 10 reasons that the Beard will never fall out of fashion.
1. You are literally in with a higher chance to get laid! Women on a subconscious level more attracted to a man who is generating higher levels of testosterone. A beard is like a big hairy beacon, transmitting your manly vibes to all that can see it.
3. Let’s face it teenagers ruin everything. The pubescents took skinny jeans and wore them with Pokemon belts and they kind of ruined music too. A beard is something only a grown ass man can develop – a comforting thought.
4. It is a personal survival tool. If you’re braving the elements, a beard will help you keep warm – and probably make you better at taming bears, just like this total legend.
5. If you’re bald you can grow a badass beard to prevent looking like an egg.
6. It’s a great way to make friends (otherwise known as “Beard Bro’s”). You could be standing at the bar ordering a drink and suddenly you hear the words “Nice Beard, Brother”. This is because bearded men always have each others’ back.
7. Beards could save your life! In the victorian era beards were prescribed by doctors. They believed that a beard would aid in preventing the spread of diseases. Of course, this was later proven to be inaccurate, but nonetheless it’s effing cool.
8. Having a beard certainly doesn’t hinder your chances of becoming a real life wizard.
Which will make the ladies look at you like this:
9. You can keep food in your beard. A little bit gross but potentially helpful (probably).
10. Because beards are straight up majestic.
Just ask these guys.